Police Officer, Van Buren Township, MI
The Charter Township of Van Buren is seeking qualified candidates and currently accepting applications at the Van Buren Township Police Department, located at 46425 Tyler Rd, Belleville, MI 48111 for Police Officer.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Associate’s degree is minimum requirement
- Must have completed EMPCO testing & allow access to your score
- Must pass the interview process
- Must pass drug screen, physical, psychiatric exam and background investigation
- Must possess a valid Michigan Drivers License
- Applicants must be certified by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (M.C.O.L.E.S.) or eligible for certification.
- No felony charges or disqualifying misdemeanor charges
- Applicants with prior active military service
- Applicants MFR certified
- Applicants Firefighter I and II certified
WAGES AND BENEFITS
- Life Ins., Health Dental & Vision Ins, MERS Pension Plan, paid vacation, compensation time, sick and personal leave
- Uniforms/Equipment Provided
- 12 hour shifts (84 hours per pay period), annual salary range starting at $51,367 to $60,846 after four years.
To take a test for this position, go to https://www.empco.net/testing/ and follow the instructions. There is a fee to take the examination, but the results of the test will be accepted by all participating police departments in Michigan.
TO APPLY, SUBMIT COVER LETTER, RESUME AND COMPLETED EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION PROVIDED BY:
Van Buren Twp Police Department
46425 Tyler Rd.
Belleville MI 48111
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL JOB FILLED